Troy Corporation develops and manufactures performance materials for industry. These materials are used and available in over 100 countries to produce high performing, cost-effective, and sustainable products.
Troy produces over 400 preservatives, performance additives, and metal carboxylates at modern manufacturing facilities on 3 continents.
Troy’s special areas of expertise include:
- Prevention of microbial degradation in products and processes
- Specialty materials to improve performance of customer products and manufacturing
- Performance additives to enhance surface integrity and appearance
- Worldwide technical services including the TMMA microbial management program, field testing, microbiology, and analytical laboratories
Q: As an IT professional, what keeps you excited and driven in your role?
A: As an IT Professional, I am always excited to see how new technologies changed or evolved from time to time and interested in how to make use of this new technologies to help company improve its operation.
Q: What are some of the biggest challenges you face as an IT professional?
A: Agility is the biggest challenge we have been facing as an IT professional. As technology changes rapidly, how IT organisation adopts and makes use of this technology quickly and more efficiently is still difficult to cope with.
Q: Since being in the industry what notable changes have you encountered (positive or negative)?
A: There have been many positive notable changes in the past 5 years or so e.g. Cloud Computing and Software Defined technologies, IoT, more powerful hardware, AI, AR, Blockchain, Crypto Currency, Automation, etc. IT or organisations have gradually been forced to some extent to accommodate the change depending on their agility.
Q: What methods do you use to maintain success in your role and face the industry challenges?
A: One of the methods is to keep up with new technological trends and see opportunities to apply or adopt that into our organisation environment when applicable and appropriate.
Q: What are your key methods for creating success in your role as an IT professional?
A: The key methods are given as follows:
- Creating IT strategies that reflect and support company’s visions and missions
- Creating IT projects that can contribute values to achieve company organisational goals or objectives
- Introducing new technologies that work well to organisation
- Improving and maintaining IT infrastructure and Services
- Developing and maintaining good relationship with users in all levels
Q: What are some of the trends and behaviours you predict will be surfacing in the IT industry in the coming 12 months? (or are currently surfacing)
A: Some of the trends that will be surfacing in the IT industry in the coming 12 months are 5G Networks which will boost Internet speed on the smartphone at 10 Gigabyte per second and many more technologies can make use of this 5G to develop advanced application and devices.
Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, Autonomous Devices, Augmented Analysis, Voice Search, Smarter Chat, etc. are the trends that have currently been surfacing in the IT industry which will in turn influence our way of life.
Q: What is the best piece of advice you have received within your career over the years?
A: Both Push & Pull Strategies should be exercised by IT Organisation.